Thursday, November 22, 2012

Resisting the urge to ....SPEND

It's that time of the year again! It's THANKSGIVING! With this season comes the great urge to shop. As I checked my inbox this morning, I was bombarded with over 20 emails offering Thanksgiving and black Friday savings. I was intrigued by the splashy advertisements with promises of FREE shipping and 50% OFF your entire purchase. Like a fish, I was reeled in by the advertisements. Needless to say, I scurried on over to each website and started putting item after item of stuff I didn't even need into my shopping cart. Before I knew it, I had over $300 worth of merchandise lined up for me to check out. As I reached for my trusty credit card, reality started to set in. I had just dug myself out of a hole of credit card debt that I don't care to relive. But, I started making excuses like, "It's 50% off - such a bargain won't come around anytime soon", and "you'll pay it all back by the end of the month". My debate with myself seemed so convincing but in the back of my mind I knew that if I had to fight this hard with myself I probably shouldn't be doing it. I had to pass up on all the black Friday deals. It was hard but I had to resist the urge to spend.

Below is a video on smart shopping.



Here's another video to help you overcome black Friday tunnel vision.


No comments:

Post a Comment