Tuesday, June 10, 2014
A friend blessed me with this plate of deliciousness this evening. I was overjoyed when I got them because mangoes are one of my absolute favourite fruit. I love all kinds of mangoes and I love them just as, or in daiquiris, cakes, salads and just about anyway they are prepared.
Mangoes are often described as the king of all fruits because they pack a mean punch of health benefits.
Five Top Reasons To Eat Mangoes
1. Fight Cancers (Antioxidants like quercetin, and methylgallat present in mango protect the body against colon, breast, leukaemia and prostate cancers).
2. Cleanse the skin (Mangoes help you unclog your pores and add freshness to the face).
3. Weight Loss (The fibrous fruit boosts the digestive function of the body by burning additional calories, helping in weight loss).
4. Aphrodisiac (Mango has aphrodisiac qualities and is also called the ‘love fruit’).
5. Aids concentration and memory (This fruit is rich in glutamine acid– an important protein for concentration and memory).
For more scientifically proven reasons to eat mangoes like the ones above, peep the link below.
Link --> Reasons To Eat Mangoes
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Do you ever get the feeling that time is passing you by too quickly?
I know that there are 24 hours in a day and in reality, that's quite a bit of time. Out of that 24 hours, an average of 18hours is jam packed with stuff. Whether it be work, school or people, we're always on the go. This week especially, I felt like things were moving a bit too fast. I needed things to slow down so that I could catch my breath. So I did just that. I stopped to appreciate the wonders of nature. I watched the sun set. Now and again it's good to pause and hear the music, before the song is over.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
I'm going to come right out and state the fact.... I have a serious weakness for rice and I ain't ashamed to say it. To pacify my cravings for this scrumptious side dish, this week, I cooked up some Fried Rice. Needless to say, it was "delicioso". This is a simple recipe that could go along with any entree. Peep the details below ≧◉◡◉≦
1. Warm olive oil in a hot skillet. Add onion and garlic powder. Cook until onions are tender.
2. Add the eggs and scramble. Mix cooked rice into the skillet. Fry for 3 - 4 minutes.
3. Add sweet green peas and soy sauce.
4. Mix and fry in skillet for an additional 2 -3 minutes.