Thursday, May 15, 2014

Recipe of the Week

In an effort to add more content to my blog, I've embarked on the challenge of sharing a recipe every week that my family and I have found to be delicious and hopefully you would too.

This week's recipe was especially scrumptious. I found it on Pinterest and decided to tweak it just a bit to my family's liking.  I absolutely adore the colors in the salad as well as the delicious mix of pasta, meat and fresh veggies.  The recipe calls for you to let the finished product chill in the refrigerator for about an hour, but after sampling it during the preparation, I couldn't wait that long. The recipe is very easy to prepare and only took me about 15 minutes. Go ahead, give it a try! You might just like it. 

Italian Pasta Salad

Ingredients
a quarter cup of red onions
a half a cup of green bell peppers
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of cherry tomatoes (each cut in half)
2 cups of italian sausage, cubed (I used turkey sausage)
1 box of tri colored pasta
1 cup of Robust Italian Dressing

Directions
1. Cook pasta to al dente, 7-8 minutes. Drain and let cool.
2. Saute sausage for 3-4 minutes making sure both sides are browned slightly.
3. Chop onions, green bell pepper and cherry tomatoes.
4. In a large bowl, add pasta, then the onions, green bell pepper and cherry tomatoes.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the mixture.
6. Pour Robust Italian Dressing over the top and mix.
7. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
8. Serve and enjoy!

Here is the link to the original recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Great post hun. Keep them coming! Your plate looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete