Saturday, August 6, 2016

My Epilator Experience

Hair removal has been at the bane of our existence for hundreds of years. On every continent, in just about every city, women and even some men seek to have smooth, silky and hairless skin. Some of the most  popular methods of hair removal used today are waxing and shaving. I've done them both! 

Up until this month, I got my hairs removed professionally by waxing. After a while, this process can become rather expensive. Recently, I've embarked on the journey of living well and spending less so cutting out my monthly expense of waxing is a part of the process. However, my desire to be hairless in certain areas still exists so I needed a method to replace the waxing. So I did my research and came across the epilation method. I read numerous articles and watched countless YouTube videos to learn more about epilation. They all agreed on one thing; epilation is similar to waxing in that it removes hair from the root hence delaying the growth and yielding silky smooth skin. Next came, my search for the perfect epilator. This by far was the hardest part for me.  At the end of the day, I settled on the Emjoi Emagine that features 72 tweezers, with dual heads and two speed settings. This brand claims to be the fastest on the market because of the 72 tweezers. 
The speed of hair removal hooked me because every vlog I watched stated that epilation was painful. I knew that I wanted an epilator that was quick and less painful. On the day of my first epilation, I prepared myself mentally and physically. I exfoliated the areas that were being treated and I made sure that those parts were nice and dry. Much to my surprise, the process was not painful at all. The pain amounted to tiny pinches which did not bother me at all. I guess as a person who waxed on a regular basis, my pain threshold had increased significantly. The end results were just what I was looking for. Smooth, soft skin. I can't stop touching my legs and underarms. I'm super happy with the end results and so glad that I took this step. 

What method of hair removal do you use and have you ever thought about using and epilator? Please leave a comment to let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment